I have everything I want but I just feel unhappy. Nobody loves me. Nobody cares about me.
It was the worst day of my life. I got my examination papers back, I failed. The house was empty. I heaved a sigh of relief as I knew my mother was out for tea. I ran to my room and threw my bag on the floor. I switched on my laptop and started playing computer games.
An hour later, my mother came into my room, she asked me for my examination papers. I knew she expected me to pass with flying colours. I reluctantly took out my papers and gave it to her. She looked at my papers one by one. Her eyes were opened wide. Her face totally changed. She threw the papers on my bed. “Do you know that your cousin got all A’s! You had better reflect on it!” she scolded me in a harsh tone. I rolled my eyes. All she ever cared about was her “face”.
Just then, my friend Sam called me. He asked me if I was interested in joining him in an arcade. He said he would introduce a new friend to me. I sneaked out of the house and went to the arcade.
Little did I know that this decision would make me regret my whole life.
I met Sam at the arcade. He introduced me to his friend, Ah Beng. I though Ah Beng seemed a little weird.
Later on, we went to a pub. Ah Beng took out a packet of pills. He swallowed one. I noticed he was shaking his head vigorously. I jabbed Sam and whispered, ‘‘Is he sick?” Sam laughed. He took out a similar packet of pills. “You will feel very high after eating this, you will forget all about your worries,” Sam whispered into my ear. He offered me one and swallowed one himself. I looked at the pill, I did not know what got into me, I just swallowed it.
It felt great. I felt happy. I shook my head incessantly. There was so much energy in me. I loved the feeling.
The next day, I really wanted that feeling back again. I called my friend to ask him where he got those pills from. He told me that Ah Beng sells them. I called up Ah Beng, and requested for the pills. He told me to meet up at a party and to bring two hundred dollars. I agreed.
At the pub, once Ah Beng handed me a pack of pills, I immediately took one. The feeling came back! It was fantastic! I stood up and started dancing!
Not long after, a group of policemen and Central Narcotics Bureau officers barged in. ‘‘Freeze!” the police demanded. I stopped dancing. Everyone was taken away to the police station. They tested my urine and informed my parents.
My parents came, tears were brimming from their watery eyes. I realised I had done something really wrong.
I was sent to the rehabilitation centre for six months. It was the price I had to pay for abusing drugs. I really regret because one wrong decision ruined my whole life. I knew that I could not blame anyone for the decision was mine, the choice was mine.
548 words
Feel free to comment.
I like your story. Perhaps you could use the quote Choices have consequences and this choice have hurt your loved ones.
ReplyDeleteAdd more intense emotional scenes through dialogues and some descriptions. You may need to shave off some uncritical events to keep words within 500.