Saturday, April 17, 2010

Another version of drug abuse story

Theme: Drug Abuse


Sub theme: Forgive and forget

“Give it back!” I heard my mother shouted. My father rushed out of the room. I just came back from school and was standing at the door. My father pushed me aside and ran out of the house. I walked into the bedroom to find my mother sitting on the bed crying. She was holding on to her empty jewellery box.

I knew he was going to pawn the jewellery and use the money to gamble. He was a compulsive gambler. He used to be a very caring father but after he lost his job, he turned to gambling. I became very disappointed in him. After a while, it became hatred.

The next day, I went to school as usual. I went to the nearby arcade after school. I did not have enough money to play the games so my best friends, John and Sam paid for me. I really felt that they were very nice to me. A few hours later, they brought me to a dark alley. They said that they had something good to let me try.

There were other people at the alley, some of them had bruises on their arms and legs. John took out a small can of glue and passed it to me. “What?” I asked. “Sniff it, it will let you forget your worries, I am only giving it to you because you are my friend,” he said. I looked at the can of glue. Forget all my worries? I then remembered what my father did. I immediately started sniffing the glue. I felt great, a little dizzy. I never thought that I would regret just because of my impulsivity.

The next day, John, Sam and I went back to the same alley. Soon after, I got addicted to it. I was easily irritated and I suffered from insomnia.

Until one day, it was the end of it. A few police officers and Central Narcotics Bureau came into the alley. I was too dizzy to run. I got caught and was brought back to the police station. They tested my urine.

They informed my parents. To my surprise, my father came too. Tears were brimming in their eyes. My father put his hand on my shoulder and said, ‘‘Sorry.”

I threw his hand off my shoulder and followed the officers. I was sent to the rehabilitation centre.

I really regret, I should not have touched glue. It ruined my life. Choices have consequences. I should have known better. I remembered the happy moments I spent with my father. I made a mistake in a moment of folly. Everyone makes mistakes so I have decided to give my father a second chance, and I wish everyone gives me a second chance too.

467 words

No comments:

Post a Comment